SLIDER

Queen of Jeans - "U R My Guy"

Queen of Jeans - Photo from Facebook
COMING IN HOT! A NEW SINGLE FROM QUEEN OF JEANS! TAKE A LISTEN:


 
When trying to explain the sound of South Philly's female fronted band, Queen of Jeans, one would say (according to bandcamp) they're a "2016 revival of a 90s throwback to the 60s". As confusing as that may sound, it's terribly accurate. Yesterday the band released their second single titled "U R My Guy", from their upcoming debut album 'Dig Yourself'. The album, releasing March 31st, will be pressed on a Clear w/ Black, Blue & Green Splatter Vinyl LP pictured below:


Dig Yourself - Photo from Bandcamp

Pre-Order a copy HERE


They're a band I'm constantly wanting to hear new material from. Last summer I had the pleasure of checking them out when they came to Boot and Saddle and opened for Palehound last summer. They closed out the show with a cover of Aaliyah's 'Are You That Somebody' and I was sold. If you know me you know that Aaliyah is my GURL, and I'm very critical of anyone that attempts a cover. They drew me in with hypnotic harmonies and their self proclaimed "crockpot pop". After the show, I managed to nab a copy of their Self-Titled EP that night on this beautiful Pink and Baby Blue Splatter paint pressing.


I remember being surprised that it was a colored pressing when I got home that night, which was a delight. Paralleling my evening I saw them preform, they were a present surprise, and a band that puts on one hell of a show.  I suggest you take a listen to the new single, and find out when you can catch them when they come to town. The tour kicks off in Philly with an album release show on 3/31 at Underground Arts and to find the remaining dates head over to their site.

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vinyl Freak • Theme by Maira G.